- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), ends trimmed, rinsed, and cut into 3/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Ground black pepper
1. Whisk maple syrup, melted unsalted butter, and minced fresh thyme leaves together in small bowl. Toss potatoes in large bowl with oil, salt, and pepper to taste until evenly coated. Line 18×13 baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in single layer on baking sheet and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Adjust oven rack to middle position and place potatoes in cold oven. Turn oven to 425 degrees and cook potatoes 30 minutes.
2. Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully remove top layer of foil. Return potatoes to oven and cook until bottom edges of potatoes are golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes.
3. Remove baking sheet from oven and, brush potatoes with half of glaze, flip slices over with thin metal spatula, and brush with remaining glaze. Continue to roast until bottom edges of potatoes are golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes longer. Remove from oven; let potatoes cool 5 to 10 minutes; transfer to platter and serve.