…and no, it’s not oatmeal!
Last night, I prepared a delicious and heart healthy omelet for dinner. The best part – I had all the ingredients already!
- Salmon, finely chopped
- Onions, finely chopped
- Bell Peppers, finely chopped
- Organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Your choice of spices
- Fresh fruit (optional)
1. I used a leftover piece of grilled wild-caught salmon.
2. I sautéed the salmon, onions and peppers at a low temperature in organic extra-virgin olive oil with spices and pepper for flavor.
3. Add one organic free-range omega 3 egg and 1/3 –1/2 cup egg whites.
4. Serve with fresh fruit and tomatoes. I served the omelet with local Johns Island tomatoes, kiwi and strawberries.
This breakfast is high in omega 3 fatty acids from three different sources and is high in antioxidants. All are vitally important in reducing risk for cardiovascular disease.
I surprised myself with this one. It was delicious!
-Dr. Brian Miles, Cenegenics Carolinas Physician